Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I went and did it...

Well, for the first time in my computing history I've lost BOTH my login and password for my WordPress blog... so I moved the posts over here. To be sure, I've lost a password or two- some of them have to be so complicated that I end up requesting a new one every time I login to some sites (and as a rule I refuse to write my passwords down).

So, here I am. We'll see how this works.

I had to take alchemyforgenet because plain ol' AlchemyForge was taken in 2005. That said, the current holder of that address is not using it and they apparently last logged in in, you guessed it, 2005. So if you are or know the holder of that address, please get in touch with me becuase I'd like to have it to go along with the blacksmithing site I've run since 2004 and I've used the name Alchemy Forge since 2002.

UPDATE: I deactivated the old WordPress account and tried to open a new one. Everything looked fine until I tried to login with the new info- it came back AGAIN saying I had a bad user name... sigh...

UPDATE 2: I did a little searching around and apparently the problem was with a WP upgrade. I had my blog hosted through Yahoo so I didn't have anything local. Also, Yahoo automatically updated for me so I was blissfully unawares that anything was going on. Apparently in a recent upgrade the new WP software reset most people's password BUT the email that was supposed to be sent out to notify users was NOT sent- that's good work right there. I tried uninstalling WP, tried deleting some of the plugins, tried clearing my cache, etc and still no good. So that's done with. I think I'll stay here for a while though I'm going to look at a movable type blog to see how that's set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment