Wednesday, November 5, 2008

11.9.7

Pimping Myself Out...


I added a few donation buttons to the site this week. Why? Because I wanted to :)
I’m pretty lucky when it comes to informal trades with people. Many members of the message boards I frequent are more than willing to return items of like-value. In several cases I’ve received what I think is more value than what I sent out and it’s been useless stuff to the sender (their ‘trash’, my treasure.) But what if the recipient doesn’t have piles of chert, files, unused tools, etc to trade? I figured it was time to give people the opportunity to help out financially, even when I won’t help myself. The links are to PayPal and donaters don’t need a PP acct, they can just use a credit/debit card and PP sends me the money.

I’m also hoping that people who read my page discussions of beginning blacksmithing and foundry work will offer to drop a little in the coffers. I have considered writing a book, especially after having read a coulpe of self-published books that were not spectacular. The idea is to start from the beginning and work up in difficulty/complexity. I’ve read several books that are literally all over the place with techniques and skills, going from simple twists, to forge welding then back to punching a hole. It would be a good way for me to get some blacksmtihing advice and info out to the public and would be a good format for my semi-professional photographer buddy to get some practice shooting things that move (me) and would get his work in print. Who knows, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment