Wednesday, November 5, 2008

12.28.6

Quick Update...

Hello to the one person who might be reading this :)

Just a few quick updates:

I changed the pricing on the site last night. Looking at some of the prices you might think “was he drunk?” but no, the previous pricing was honestly competitive with what I’ve seen from other custom metal sites. I went and checked some of them again and I was still “in line” with thier pricing, but I won’t feel good about charging what was listed. I’d like to think that an honest accounting for my time and materials is a better way to go than to just say “well, I’ll shoot for the stars and maybe I’ll get the moon”

Second, while I was rolling around last night I came across a person at TheKnifeNetwork.com named “Alchemy knife”. I assure you, this person has nothing to do with Alchemy Forge. I was shocked to see a user name so similar to mine and was even more shocked at her seemingly Evangelical world view. Fortunately TKN is the only place I’ve found her (with that name) and maybe she’ll be confined to their message boards.

Lastly I’m working my tooling for metal casting. I’ve had a few requests for copies of existing pieces from the 1800s and will post pictures as soon as they’re ready. I’m trying to make the most efficient melts that I possibly can. Check back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment