Wednesday, November 5, 2008

7.2.8

This Year...


This year I have been absorbed with school. Since January I’ve been attending Washington State University through their distance degree program… and jumping through the attendant hoops. So far, so good but it’s very time consuming. So much so that I think I’ve spent about 5 hours in the shop since January. Couple school with a new-found desire to hunt this fall (which, for me, has included many hours of archery practice, gun safety classes and time at the gun ranges) and smithing has sort of taken a back seat. Unfortunately I haven’t been that interested in it this year.

But, that’s ok. I’m finishing a project I started over 10 years ago, my BA. And when I’m done I’ll not only have the BA to show for it but a professional writing certificate, as well. I’m hopeful that I’ll graduate with some manner of accolades but I’m not going to boast- I don’t want to set myself up like that :) My end-goal here is to find a job that allows me some measure of creativity, independence and pays really well. I’m finding it difficult to do my day-to-day job. All I’ll say about it is that I push papers aound and I have to wait for other people to tell me where to push them. As you can imagine, it’s a difficult position to be in for someone who would prefer to spend time next to a fire using a hammer to direct the movements of steel.

So to oddmix and any others who may be wondering what fantastic things are keeping me away from blogging, there you go. Keep me posted on your projects and progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment