Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer Semester

So summer semester is in full swing. I decided that since I did soooo much complaining about my history class I'd talk about classes I'm enjoying. I'm taking history of the Pacific Northwest and a class that I can never remember what it's called but it's about multimedia and communication. The PNW class has just about restored my faith in the history department at WSU. The instructor has been very responsive and respectful about the few issues we've had (mostly technical). WSU changed to a new interface and the bugs aren't 100% worked out plus summer semesters are shorter than spring and fall so they have to rearrange the schedules which is making things interesting, but manageable.
I managed to not take Washington State history in high school. Apparently some social studies class I took in 8th grade had sufficient content that I could skip it. I don't regret that at all as I think back to my classmates from 8th grade who sweated and bitched their way through it. I've already learned a lot and I think the only advantage I might have over a transplanted student is that I have over 30 years of perspective and association with the places and events were talking about.

Here's hoping for good times

EFC 7/21

No comments:

Post a Comment