Sunday, February 1, 2009

Etsy...

Yahoo! had an article Friday about making money without really working. They suggested some fairly obvious items, collect spare change was one. They recommended two kinds of sales, though. The first was the sale of books and media through half.com, which isn't a bad idea as the wife and I have been talking about revamping the library/computer room/sewing room/cat bathroom.

The other idea was to sell stuff you're already making through Etsy.com. I think it's a fairly clever play on "etc." The issue is that they're pansies and have a "no weapons" policy. I tell you what, if they want to make some real money, handmade knives, tools and firearms is the way to go. I didn't look very hard (except to find their sales rules which I sort of knew in advance would be based on an Ebay/Paypal wussified system) but a lot of people seem to be very proud of their knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment