Friday, August 12, 2011

Wait- what?!

This morning I received a call at 9:40, it was from Ken Anderson at WSU. I thought he was calling to discuss why I had decided to not attend this fall, like some kind of exit interview or something. I wasn't in the mood to have that conversation while I was at work, so I let it go to voicemail. When my phone showed that the message was waiting, I gave it a listen.

I could not have been more wrong. Ken was calling to offer me full tuition and a stipend as a teaching assistant. I sat, bleary eyed. I had spent the last hour and a half fuming about some random crap at work, and here (finally) was my way out-- but I was in shock. The key issue is that classes start on the 22nd (in 10 days!) and the mandatory orientations are on Monday- as in after this weekend.

Of course this puts the kaibosh on the $300 Job offer, and completely shifts my focus to being a student. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment