Friday, June 10, 2011

The Grinder Build Begins

Ok it's not so much a grinder "build" as it is "waiting for all the stuff from Wayne Coe to arrive." The first two boxes of Wayne's "Moe Grinder" showed up on my doorstep yesterday and I now possess a gorgeous blue 1.5HP 3phase 115v motor and a natty looking VFD (it almost looks like Darth Vader's chest piece :)  ). Wayne emailed that he was working on revised assembly instructions last weekend, and was also drilling and tapping all the holes in the main grinder plate. He didn't say when it would be shipped, other than he was trying to get it out before he left for Blade.
I hope he likes free advertising because I need to work on my video editing skills, and putting this through its paces will make great YouTube fodder. I'm going to do my best to stall the motor (Wayne says he hasn't seen anyone do it yet) and I'll fumble around with some blade work. A friend who is an ABS JS (passed the performance test for his MS) says he wants to give it a try, so I might video his playing around, too, and so a 10 minute interview/grinder test. That remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment