Monday, September 27, 2010

Anvil blocks

I made these a couple of years ago with the intention of selling them, then started school and forgot they were on the bench :) The blocks are cut from 2x2 1045 and each is at least 2" tall (the one pictured is closer to 2-1/8" ). I gave them all a coating of my Goddard's Goop and they all look like this one (no, it has not been touched up on a sander or anything like that). The one that I use looks almost as good. On mine I gave it four different radii so I have a nearly sharp edge through about 3/8" radius (I didn't measure, but if I had to guess it looks like a section of 3/8" bar). My anvil doesn't have a single square edge, so that's why I made these. I figured they would also be good for smiths who have radii ground into their anvils already, but maybe need a much larger radius than normal for a particular project. They fit a 1" hardy hole and each stem is at least 4" long.

These are $30 each plus $5 for USPS flat rate to the US- no international, and I'm talking to you, Canada :|  (UPS is $10 to ship plus $5 for packaging, also to US addresses only).

No comments:

Post a Comment